• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Business 64 vs Vista Ultimate 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
The best deal I've seen for Vista Retail upgrade versions is

$110 for business and ~$220 for Ultimate.

Are all those home premium goodies worth $110 extra?

Or are the third party multimedia apps still better in the end?

I want the dual socket support and home premium doesn't have it.

Audioaficionado said:
The best deal I've seen for Vista Retail upgrade versions is

$110 for business and ~$220 for Ultimate.

Are all those home premium goodies worth $110 extra?

Or are the third party multimedia apps still better in the end?

I want the dual socket support and home premium doesn't have it.

It's not worth it to me. My computer multimedia tasks are pretty simple. I just want to play DVDs and listen to mp3s. I use WMP for video, and Foobar for music. I had the intention of upgrading my copy of Business to Ultimate, but there's nothing I feel I'm missing to justify the cost.

I run Vista Business64 at work and Ultimate64 at home. If I had to pay for it Ultmate is not worth the extra $110.00 IMHO.

Thanx guys :thup:

I'm just going to get business since it's the closest one to XPpro anyway and XP pro is just peachy IMHO.

YES. 4GB IS A MUST!!! SHUT UP!!!!

Lawls... is anything we do actually warranted for? Do we really need 5Ghz processors, 4tb of hard drive space, a room full of servers all slaving away at the endless task of saving humanity? No **** it is! Vista will eat those 4gb up for breakfast... After a day of intensive working, I'll shutdown with 2gb being used idle... but boy is it fast.

Hey_Its_Cole said:
Do you really need 4 gigs of ram for the 64bit versions?
Actually I was planning on eight gigs eventually for lots of VMs and RAM disks :beer:

systemhost said:
YES. 4GB IS A MUST!!! SHUT UP!!!!

Lawls... is anything we do actually warranted for? Do we really need 5Ghz processors, 4tb of hard drive space, a room full of servers all slaving away at the endless task of saving humanity? No **** it is! Vista will eat those 4gb up for breakfast... After a day of intensive working, I'll shutdown with 2gb being used idle... but boy is it fast.

Ok....Was that sarcastic or serious??/

Back