• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz pc8500 --- sli ready, platinum or reaper?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mito

OCZ PC2-8500 1066MHz NVIDIA SLI-Ready XTC Edition 2GB (2x1024MB)
5-5-5-15 / 2.3 volts

OCZ PC2-8500 1066MHz Platinum XTC NVIDIA SLI-Ready Edition 2GB (2x1024MB)
5-5-5-15 / 2.3 volts

question: what is the difference between the above models?

also, there is the Reaper version: what's the point? It dissipates heat more easily? That's it?

they might look different but all hold same timings, if your gonna get ram getr some good 6400.

may I ask why a pc6400? the prices are almost the same.

I intend to OC the config in my sig.

freeagent said:
afaik they are they same chips, etc, just diff spreaders

both "sli ready" and "platinum" have the XTC heatspreaders. What differs is that one is black and the other is silver........

This is frustrating. OCZ's site isn't crystal clear about the main differences between their models. They just spit info without comparing.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/ddr2/

:(

oczfn5.jpg

then there's the pc8800 @ 5-6-6-15 @ 1100MHz.

Does it mean it can OC more easily and reach higher speeds?
What about the higher latency 5-6-6?

there's also this Patriot PC2-8500 (1066MHz) is 5-5-5-9 2.3V

TRAS = 9

will that make much of a difference?

Mito said:
both "sli ready" and "platinum" have the XTC heatspreaders. What differs is that one is black and the other is silver........

This is frustrating. OCZ's site isn't crystal clear about the main differences between their models. They just spit info without comparing.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/ddr2/

im pretty sure the ram is exactly the same, just diff. spreaders, at least that was the impression i got from the info i read at the ocz forums

Back