• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron D9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Gskill rep over at xs has stated that no micron D9's are used on 2gig dimms in size. as the IC are not large enough in size, thus D9's are only used on 1gig dimms. He stated they use promos/elp ics for 2gig dimm sizes.

www.xtrememsystems.org/forums/
if you want to go ask.

Hmmm, I e-mailed G-Skill and I was informed via e-mail that Micron D9's are used my memory, but then again, he could be just telling what I wanted to hear.

T.N.D. said:
Hmmm, I e-mailed G-Skill and I was informed via e-mail that Micron D9's are used my memory, but then again, he could be just telling what I wanted to hear.
well i saw one post with someone stating they check the ic on the ram in 2gig sticks. they use the lesser D9 ic so they dont oc they well, matter a fact they are the same ic's on my stick. hmm now that i think about it, it makes sense. i have some cruical sticks in the asus n4l-vm as you can see in the sig. they only have ic's on one side of the pcb for 1gig so yea i could see D9's on urs jsut not the highspeed stuff you might think it is. just a off the wall thought i had, just fyi if they are the same d9 ics as mine they oc to ddr2-900 5-5-5-14 @1.9v

my thread here.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=510513

jesus, quit using the term D9! d9 is the term for ALL OF MICRONS BGA memory! D9gmh and D9GKX are both too small to be put on 2gig sticks but that doesnt mean that micron uses a horrible ic for 2gig sticks.

Mushkins 4gig kits use D9GSV, and this is only the results from the pc6400 kit.

vvt.png

Back