• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory errors with 4gb...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

systemhost

Well I've been getting these bsod's every now and then while just watching videos... couldn't figure out why I was getting them though, thought it had something to do with bad drivers with vista, or something. One bsod mentioned "win32k.sys" which turns out to usually be a memory issue. Soo, I figured I might as well test my brand new sticks of ram, and sure enough, 20min into the test, it started spewing out errors. Before I go through all the trouble of replacing them etc...

I want it make sure it isn't some config issue first. Cpu-z is clocking my ram at 439.6Mhz using a FSB:DRAM of 2:3... timings have been manually set to the default of 4-4-4-4-12 along with a voltage of 2.2v. Any idea why my sticks could be tripping? Maybe these boards just don't like having all slots full. I'll try testing each stick separately in awhile and see if any one sticks out. Thanks for any help!

Hrmm well, I just dropped my overclock of only 10% now and it seems to be running clean. What's the deal with that? Was it that my ram clock was too high for those lower timings? I'm not a big overclocker so anyone wanna help this noob out?

Back