• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory for DS3R + E6750 between these 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

I am ordering a DS3R motherboard and E6750 cpu in the next few days and I was wondering which memory you guys think I should go with. The memory voltage on the DS3R says its 1.8 so these are the lowest 1.8 priced memory modules I found.

CRUCIAL / 2GB kit (1GBx2) / 240-pin DIMMs / 800MHz / DDR2 PC2-6400 memory modules / CT2KIT12864AA80E $90, $65 after MiR

and

mushkin 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996527 - Retail $96

Since both these memories are CAS 5 they should perform equally so I should just go with the CRUCIAL right?

You don't really need 1.8V ram just go into bios and move upto 2.2 also. G.Skill, Corsair Dominators and Crucials are pretty good.

You don't really need 1.8V ram just go into bios and move upto 2.2 also. G.Skill, Corsair Dominators and Crucials are pretty good.

So any ram should pretty much work as long as I set up the correct voltage for it in BIOS. Ok sounds good, the Crucual is one of the cheapest 2GB packs I've seen, even without the MiR which is what I really like about it because I hate having to deal with MiR's.

Get the e6850

Yeah I might as well, and while I'm at it I should trade in my 8800 GTS for a 8800 GTX, and why should I get DDR2 800 memory when theres something better than that, that I could buy? Obviously I would prefer the E6850 and would get it if I had the money, but I don't, which is why I chose to get the E6750.

I hope you are happy with the 3.7 range then =) cause you mb is going to be your limiting factor

I hope you are happy with the 3.7 range then =) cause you mb is going to be your limiting factor

I won't be overclocking at all until I move or until it gets cold here (Fresno=100+), and I doubt I'll need anything more powerful than what it would be at stock. My gaming days are pretty much done, although I occasionally still play CS Source.

Seems like newegg got some Team Elite DDR2 800 stuff 2GB for $85ish... I've heard people say good things about Team Elite but does anyone actually have this stuff? Until I see some reviews from people on the egg I'm goona hold off... I can't even find any reviews of this stuff online.

Back