• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Next Windows (Vienna) In 3 Years

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is this Windows 7?

Also this is microsoft we're talking about there will be a delay or two.

Ya Windows 7. MS has taken a lot of flack for such a long delay on Vista, and for what? I would think they'll be a little more on the ball with 7. But only time will tell.

This has been posted, and even when in the initial post it's pretty old news. Vienna and Fuji have been known about for at least a year now. (Do a search, I am to tired to link you right now)

You know, they should stick to one thing.. Like.. vista.. and make it work good. not make a bunch of crappy memory holed OS's which arent worthy to put on anything.

tenchi86 said:
This has been posted, and even when in the initial post it's pretty old news. Vienna and Fuji have been known about for at least a year now. (Do a search, I am to tired to link you right now)

Sorry, I glanced through the OS directory for a thread but didn't see one so I posted it.

SeasonalEclipse said:
You know, they should stick to one thing.. Like.. vista.. and make it work good. not make a bunch of crappy memory holed OS's which arent worthy to put on anything.

I agree with you. People were bitching that they let XP go on so long without an update, but I think that time frame is just about right for an O/S. They did a great job with Vista, and that was after scrapping the project and starting over. If they took their time, and put some careful thought into development, they'd have a smokin' O/S that would be untouchable by anyone.

I didn't mind the minor software, and hardware incompatibilities with Vista since it's new and everything. Who the hell wants to deal with that every three years though? 5-7 years is a good lifespan for an O/S imho.

SeasonalEclipse said:
I was happy with where xp was going, I absolutely hate vista, its too bloated. XP runs so much faster.

Skeith said:
I was happy with where xp was going, I absolutely hate vista, its too bloated. XP runs so much faster.
Really? For me my Vista overall runs faster then my XP. My XP is very slow to boot and shut down. Vista is just way faster for me.

FLCLFan said:
Really? For me my Vista overall runs faster then my XP. My XP is very slow to boot and shut down. Vista is just way faster for me.

Same here. Other than a very minor fps hit in games, Vista is better than XP in every way for me.

I think people that have 4 gigs of ram running vista-ultimate 64bit are saying they like vista. People with 1gig absolutely hate vista.

Personally, i'm waiting for Windows Server 2008. :santa:

Back