• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team Group RMA where?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I need to RMA my xtreme
contacted Team Group, says I have to contact TankGuys where I bought it
Tankguys says no, they dont do RMA and I have to contact Team Group
:confused:
has anyone RMAed Team Group before? where did you send it?
I've re-emailed both and still waiting for respons

ImportPsycho said:
I need to RMA my xtreme
contacted Team Group, says I have to contact TankGuys where I bought it
Tankguys says no, they dont do RMA and I have to contact Team Group
:confused:
has anyone RMAed Team Group before? where did you send it?
I've re-emailed both and still waiting for respons
Well that's not good news as I have Team Group ram as well.
What reason has Team Group given for no RMA?
(As well with TankGuys)

Typically RMA is the responsibility of the Retailer.

You should use this information to address the issue with Tankguys:
http://www.tankguys.biz/contact_us.php

Note that there is no publicly posted return policy on their site. Hope you can get it resolved, but seeing as how you purchased from a place without ensuring they had a return policy, you may find you have a hard time.

If your going to go through the manufacturer, you need to look into what their warranty policy is in order to get an RMA.

Last edited:
Did you contact teamgroup.com.tw or their USA distributor?

I'm looking for the website/phone number, but there is a company in California that takes care of teamgroup ram in the USA. When I had to get my ram RMA'd when one stick was DOA, Tankguys hooked me up with their rep and I got an Advanced RMA overnighted to me free of charge.

edit:
http://www.teamresearchinc.com/

Was a little bugger to find!
If you call up ask for "Robin"

Last edited:
I.M.O.G. said:
Typically RMA is the responsibility of the Retailer.

During the retailer's return period, yes - after that, it's not our responsibility. The manufacturers themselves offer and back the warranty. I'm not really sure why the Team people are telling anyone to contact us :confused:

If you continue to have problems though, I can forward you the contact info for our Team rep here in the US, and he can help out :)

Shelnutt2 said:
... I got an Advanced RMA overnighted to me free of charge.

The bummer is they don't do this anymore. Some "genius" ruined that for everyone.

Basic story: Guy has bad memory, asks for advanced RMA. Gets his replacement sticks, but never sends back the old ones. Team bills his credit card, guy files a chargeback. His reason?

He said when he was on the way to the post office to mail back the bad memory, he had it on the passenger seat, and went into a store to run a quick errand, and left his windows open. Someone stole the box out of his car. Of course, he says that's not his responsibility at all, it's Team's (because if he hadn't had bad memory to start with, he'd never have been put in that situation), so he refused to pay for it. :mad:

It's a bummer when bad people ruin good things :(

TankGuys said:
It's a bummer when bad people ruin good things :(

It certainly is. I remember that story but I didn't realise it was with teamgroup. What a SOB to rip of team group like that. I wished that they could have made him pay.

Just send them to Collin...he'll walk them down there during his lunch hour, right, Collin? :D

TankGuys said:
During the retailer's return period, yes - after that, it's not our responsibility. The manufacturers themselves offer and back the warranty. I'm not really sure why the Team people are telling anyone to contact us :confused:

Good to see you around, always cool to get straight answers from the source.

Where is your return policy? I didn't see it posted on your site, but I could have missed it. I assume theres some agreement to terms through the sale process which may cover returns and/or dispute resolution. I think making it easier to find from your homepage would encourage people like me who dont know your site yet to be comfortable making purchases.

I usually look at the bottom of the website for things like this when shopping, usually where you'd find a privacy statement.

Back