• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPUZ not displaying correct info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ryanzbane

Just got an E6750 and am overclocking it...but when I view in CPUZ it shows default frequencies and flickers to the overclocked frequencies every once in a while. What gives? Using version 1.40.5

You have EIST enabled in the BIOS, disable it and that will fix the "problem".

thideras said:
You have EIST enabled in the BIOS, disable it and that will fix the "problem".

Not sure what EIST is or where to find it exactly....I have a P5k. Havn't seen it in BIOS.

freakdiablo said:
Any other programs do this (such as everest)?

EVEREST isn't displaying correct info either. The clock speed is correct, but the multiplier says 16x (uhhhhhh), and the FSB fluctuates and displays the wrong info.

Ryanzbane said:
EVEREST isn't displaying correct info either. The clock speed is correct, but the multiplier says 16x (uhhhhhh), and the FSB fluctuates and displays the wrong info.
It is because of the option Enhanced Intel Speed Stepping Technology (EIST) is on. It drops the multi on your processor when it isnt in use.

Disable it and it will stop, trust me.

thideras said:
It is because of the option Enhanced Intel Speed Stepping Technology (EIST) is on. It drops the multi on your processor when it isnt in use.

Disable it and it will stop, trust me.

There is no EIST. I'm using ASUS P5k vanilla motherboard.

Found it and disabled it, made no difference. CPU-Z still jumping around.

jb3231 said:
Found it and disabled it, made no difference. CPU-Z still jumping around.

I disabled C1E and it worked for me. What processor and motherboard you using?

In signature

Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
Abit IP35 Pro
Core 2 Duo E6750
GSkill DDR2800
Zalman Led 9500
Radeon Sapphire X1600XT
Raidmax 630W pwrsply
(2)WD 80 GB sata 3.0 HD raid 0
Samsung 24" LCD 245bw

Thanks for the info. Also running the same cpu and mobo and now have solved the problem. Thanks!

You should look around the BIOS, make sure anything called EIST, SpeedStep, or C1E are disabled. Perhaps someone with an IP35 will know specifically where it's located in the BIOS.

Back