• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Firestix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g14novak

Does anyone know if the Buffalo Firestix are still any good?

The Buffalo site has them on sale for 95$ for a 2gb kit of 6400's so I want to pick up 2 sets but don't know if their for sure good.

Anyone still use them?

If so, how well do they clock?

last i heard they were still using d9gmh but that was a very long time ago(april).for confirmed d9gmh i would lean toward the crucial ballistix 6400s @newegg.unless of course you can get verification from buffalos cs/ts people that they still use d9s.

Well im on a 200$ spending limit and don't want to buy more memory till I have to upgrade to DDR3.

Thus, I want to have 4 gig of memory...

Don't like rebates for the fact that you've already spent the money and have to wait 2+ months to get it back.

That and the rebate only applies for 1 pair, I need 2.

give their tech/cust support a ring.they are usually pretty forthcoming in iding the firestix ics.dont waste your time emailing them tho.<---they are very very slow to respond.

Just called the sales rep and she said all 800 series are the D9GMH and the 1066 and 1200 are D9GKX.

Good to know.

The 800's are 95$ for a 2gb kit on the buffalo site for anyone thats interested.

Installed the new Firestix and they booted right up, showed 4 gig in the bios. Unfortunately, I fried my motherboard and have a new one on the way. Will get back to you on clocks.

Yea, everyone keeps recommending Ballistix because their guarenteed D9's.

I called the tech support and they say except for accidental batch, *ALL* firestix are D9s. I've seen some insane clocks from people with Firestix and their EXTREMELY cheap on the Buffalotech site. for the price I would pay for a pair of ballistix with normal shipping, I got a pair of firestix overnighted. Buffalo FTW!

Will post back on Approx. Wednesday with clocks on the new mobo. (ordered a IP35-E)

g14novak said:
Yea, everyone keeps recommending Ballistix because their guarenteed D9's.

I called the tech support and they say except for accidental batch, *ALL* firestix are D9s. I've seen some insane clocks from people with Firestix and their EXTREMELY cheap on the Buffalotech site. for the price I would pay for a pair of ballistix with normal shipping, I got a pair of firestix overnighted. Buffalo FTW!

Will post back on Approx. Wednesday with clocks on the new mobo. (ordered a IP35-E)

I can't find this ram anywhere on their site. Is it sold out? Can you please provide a link?

-Collin-

They removed it from their site either yesterday or the day before.

Its a shame, I wanted to purchase more for another rig.

Looks like directron has them for 5$ more so i'd go with them.

g14novak said:
They removed it from their site either yesterday or the day before.

Its a shame, I wanted to purchase more for another rig.

Looks like directron has them for 5$ more so i'd go with them.

thats kind of the way they do it for some reason.ive got a ddr2 d9 buyers guide on another forum and i have never been able to keep a buffalo link up for more than a few days at most.it doesnt make sense for the MANUFACTURERS website to be out of stock,with their own modules lol!

maxfly said:
thats kind of the way they do it for some reason.ive got a ddr2 d9 buyers guide on another forum and i have never been able to keep a buffalo link up for more than a few days at most.it doesnt make sense for the MANUFACTURERS website to be out of stock,with their own modules lol!

Totally. If Buffalo is out of Buffalo ram, then I think we have a serious problem! Maybe their store is a different story though. It might not even have anything to do with them and their supply.

I still don't know what kind of ram I want though. Always a tough choice for me.

-Collin-

Back