• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Plugged in new ram and walla

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Well i was able to use my buddys corsair ram, 2x1gig DDR2 800 5-5-5-12 2T.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145590

And it made my processor be stable up to 2.65ghz from 2.35 on my M2N-E which is a weird board, they also overclocked to DDR2 882. So these pwn my current OCZ gold series ram, although they were never good to begin with. So i need to figure out how i can trade him for his ram cause he doesnt overclock and the golds would be fine for that, maybe a straight trade. :D

185727.jpg

185728.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds reasonable if he does not OC. Of course, your original purchase prices may play into it. However, I think you both would have equal warranties in the event of a failure.

Well he has the same board as me and i told them they worked really well and offered him mine plus $20 but he said no, lol. I guess he wants to start overclocking even though hes not cpu limited at the moment. Oh well back to brainstorming cause i do believe i have a 8800 coming at the end of the month, :D

You may want to contact OCZ then. If you have a sub-par set of memory, they may be able to help you out.

Back