• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pair of Vista Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shadowhawk109

Hey All

It's been quite a while since I posted in this section of OCForums, something that MS fans (Like myself) should be proud of.

Unfortunatly, out of three Vista installs, one is not working as nicely as I would dearly like it to.

ALIEN *see sig* has vista installed without problem, but is lacking both sound and wireless USB drivers (Wireless dongle is a D-Link DWL-120). I tried to use the XP/2000 drivers for audio that came on the ABIT SG-80 mobo install disk, and they actually WORKED! but unfortunatly, every time Vista would boot after those drivers were installed, it would BSOD and reboot the computer. :bang head

And the Wireless USB dongle drivers don't work at ALL (XP/2000 again).

Neither site (ABIT/D-Link) has Vista drivers.

Anyone know of working alternates, or any site that has official ones posted?

Thanks.

I am using the onboard sound, and supposedly it's an AC97 Audio Codec, I believe I was using the Realtek drivers. I'm not sure.

As for the DWL-120, if I understand the Google search results, a DWL-120 does NOT use Atheros chipsets, and thus Atheros drivers are a no-go. There was some mention of Mad Wi Fi or something like that - anyone know anything about that path?

Thanks for your help so far.

Back