• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intercepting email from one account, to deliver to another?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
As the title says I am looking for a way to intercept email from one account to automaticlly forward it to another email account.

Basicly, I've used yahoo email for years. I have recently found a new webmail browser/account that I would rather use than the original yahoo account.
However, the only way to do this within yahoo is to buy the 'premiere' yahoo account thing. $20 some bucks I don't have and would rather not use.
So is there some way to have some sort of browser/server/software to intercept email directed to my yahoo account and forward it to the new webmail.
Does anyone know of some way to intercept it, and forward it to my new webmail?

I am doing nothing illegal here, all using my own personal email accounts etc... Just not sure what exactly to do here or what method to go about doing this.
Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

IFMU

Oh yea btw, I have so many accounts and people who know only my yahoo account, I would really rather not loose that access to that email address.
Folks I haven't spoken with for years know that account and this way, they can still reach me if need be. Which is the major reason I would rather not loose that account.

Have you tried using Outlook or Outlook Express? You could probably setup up your outlook account for yahoo and then forward the message to your new account. As long as you leave outlook on then it should automatically forward it I would think.

Since $20 is too expensive, you're only option is client-side software that can pull POP3 messages and then auto-forward using rulesets. It would have to be open all the time and set to check that mailbox at intervals to keep your new mailbox current.

I'm sure there are linux SMTP relay daemons that can do this for POP3 accounts also, but that's not really my area.

Jon said:
Since $20 is too expensive, you're only option is client-side software that can pull POP3 messages and then auto-forward using rulesets. It would have to be open all the time and set to check that mailbox at intervals to keep your new mailbox current.

Could he do that using Outlook Express or Outlook? Actually I would think that thunderbird could do that also. Or were you just trying to clarify what I had so uneloquently stated...

Back