• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Application to optimize (shrink file size) jpegs from digicam?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

Our 4MP Canon Powershot G3 creates files as big as 1.3MB. I can open that JPG in LView and then save it and the filesize drops down to 600KB. I've compared the two and there's no change visually to the picture so I only assume that the camera doesn't optimize the files for size or something. :shrug:

But anyway....does anyone know of a program that will do this in batch? When you build up 100+ pics it's a pain to go through one by one and open and resave it. LView doesn't have an option to open them in batch or any other method and be able to resave them. It will only do it for viewing or batch printing. So if anyone knows of an app that would be swell :)

A batch conversion in Xnview or Infranview without changing the output file will do, I would think (don't know what to set for quality, however - I'd assume 100).

Omsion said:
A batch conversion in Xnview or Infranview without changing the output file will do, I would think (don't know what to set for quality, however - I'd assume 100).

Sweet! Xnview did it and all is well. Thanks a lot :)

Back