• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Performance And Reliability Pack Unofficial

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Where does this come from? Nothing I've come across says it's from Microsoft, which will may me say "No thanks".

got it to install have to reboot i guess i will let you know if i see a difference :p

Last edited:
How is it?

I was thinking about trying it as well. Just wasn't sure as said if its really worth the trouble.

MS really did a good job with the patch. This is how it should had been released. I just finish transferring some files and its way faster then it was before. I haven't played any games yet cause I still in school. I'll try later. But for anyone who wants it now. Easy to install. Restart for each file and done.

NM won't install it see that disabling of signed drivers it well... fixes it so it can't be done. Nope no way not installing it yet. Need a work around for that prior to me doing it otherwise alot of the little OCing tools that I use won't work in 64-bit Vista.

I won't be a guinea pig, in a unauthorized beta test. My Vista's working well enough to wait for the official patch. I'd be concerned about them changing the final specs, and not getting the final product because it looks like I already have it installed...In a official beta, that should be taken care of, and I'd also like MS to have my feedback. That's how products get made better for everybody.

Velocity said:
Thats why we have restore points.

Yea, I guess so. I'd rather wait for the official release, and not have to deal with it though. It'll come soon enough, and I really don't have any complaints with Vista. Some of the speedups look nice, but it's already faster than XP for me, so I can wait a couple more weeks.

lol sorry i didnt post back, seems good so far no issues so i guess its fine to try but it does seem like i boot faster after installing it might just be me :p

The resume from sleep was the last problem I had with vista, and this fixed it I was thinking that all of these fixes would be done in sp1. But now I can see why sp1 is around the corner. Go M$!!!!!

What issues is there with Resume from sleep? I just did it on accident and it seems to work fine.

deathman20 said:
What issues is there with Resume from sleep? I just did it on accident and it seems to work fine.

sometimes it doesnt come back on for some ppl just stays on black screen and you have to do a hard reset i personally never had the issue but some due

Seems to be a step in the right direction from what I've been reading, not going to try it myself.. will wait :)

Oh sorry about that. This was the problem.

"Improves performance in bringing up Login Screen after resuming from Hibernate."

But from sleep it does resume faster.

Back