• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'VE HAD IT! WITH VISTA IN DA SHREEDER!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leaddraft

:eek: Guys, I was one of the ones that got vista business *free* with the programme...

I *thought* it was a fluke when I changed out different hardware, (reference CD/DVD drives), and you'll get a code *43*..
WINDERS decides too load the drivers, though WILL not, How can i say, intailize the hardware?
Ok I've got a Venice 3200 CPU (64 bit)...
My wife was nice after alot of XXX too Her, and I got me a 4200 X2 Toledo CPU..

NOW being the guy I am, I got the CPU, and well it's Maitanice time with the ole vacume, cleaning dust etc,, ya know what I mean, gettin rid of the dust-bunnies etc....
Pull the video card out, clean it up like it's brand new,, dusting. cleaning.....
Installed the new cpu...
Powered up......
AND VISTA DOESN'T SEE MY VIDEO CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
OK, I'll clean out the ole drivers, use driver cleaner,,, it's gonna be a-ok.. :beer:
Go into "safe-mode" too do the down and dirty...

NOT!!!!!!!!!
Re-install ati drivers..
AND STILL GET A CODE 43!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

At this point after 48 hours I'm :bang head ,,, wondering why in the HE** VISTA is doing this?
ALL I did is change out cpu's and clean my vid card of dust???
Never mind I'm going back too
XP,, At this point VISTA has just become a yard sale buy....
No wonder the next OS is coming out in 3 years...

That sounds more like a HW problem to me...I'm curious to see if XP will install correctly now.

What would the Bios of the video card have to do with Vista not working ?

My understanding is the code 43 error simply means your motherboard needs Vista compatible drivers for the chipset(s) to work properly, something about the PCI to AGP bridge chip...

Also leaddraft I'd recommend a more detailed (less ranting) post so we can offer more targeted advise. And johan851 is right....your sig is a mess ;)

What would the Bios of the video card have to do with Vista not working ?
Well, I was trying to get my current card to work with OS X once, and I tried flashing it to a different BIOS to get OS X to recognize it. Since his X800 is unlocked to 16 pipelines, it probably has a non-stock BIOS as well. It's possible that changing the BIOS causes the card to still work with stock VGA drivers, but not with Vista drivers.

I personally wouldn't use a vacuum to clean out your computer. Those things generate static electricity, which is bad. Get a can of compressed air, or better yet, an air compressor.

However, I do agree that Vista sucks. I had driver problems before, though there's no reason a video card should be doing that unless there's some deeper problem. Anyway, just ditch Vista. You'll see better performance with XP, even if you weren't having major issues with Vista.

Vaccum cleaner :( Definatly not the best of ideas on cleaning out the PC. More likely to fry the component doing something like that. Curious as well if you got XP to install and work.

As well agreed sometimes Bios's on video cards can be iffy at working with different OS's but he just changed the CPU. Did you put the old CPU back in to see if it would work than? It sounds like a driver issue maybe with the mobo than video card now, but you still probably have to reinstall the Video card driver.

As well if you dis like it so much I'll as well take it. :)

I never liked vista. it is so overated for a stupid more easy to use "graphical interface" i think it is only there to hog your memory/space. xp pro all the way

Elluzion said:
I never liked vista. it is so overated for a stupid more easy to use "graphical interface" i think it is only there to hog your memory/space. xp pro all the way

Sounds like you never used it. It is no where near a "graphical interface" update.

btw what is a shreeder?

is it like a shredder but used to kill copies of Microsoft Vista?

Sorry I've been away a few days....
About the V-cleaner, well, it did the job, I was very careful, I don't think compressed air would of got out some of those bunnies, besides the Wife got real mad last time I used compressed air in the Kitchen...
Back too the "issue" at hand...

I "was" running Vista...
Bios drivers updated...
All I done was take the vid card out, clean w/toothbrush, (great on the fan blades).. Installed back into the APG slot...

Dropped in the Aforementioned "new" X2 CPU...
AND change back to the 3200 Venice....
BIOS flash on my card occoured before I installed Vista...
Upon booting up, windows loaded fine, though, NOW I started getting the message "code 43", drivers were installed successfully, (ati drivers), though the message was something was "wrong" with the video card..
At that point, I rolled back too a previous restore point, same message...
Un-installed ATI drivers in "safe mode", then used Driver cleaner..
rebooted, then installed drivers from ATI..
Got the same message again, drivers insalled successfully, but something is "wrong" with my vid card...
Checked the card, reseated said card, still same message...
**(full discloser notice here)**, yeah I had a brew too drink over all this, at which point I was getting fairly ILL.....
I ran across the SAME EXACT PROBLEM when I installed Vista, with My DVD/CD player, It convently died, (wouldn't read cd's anymore), so I replaced the drive with another one, "then" I got code *39*...
Wouldn't let the hardware work what-so-ever even though drivers are installed correctly.. I ended up reformating at the time, (last feb.), then the hardware worked just fine...
heres the thread.....--> http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=499785&highlight=cd+dvd+vista+issues
There was another related thread from another member, that had the exact issues I had...

I think this issue of swapping/changing/or just basic Maint. of removing hardware and re-installing it Shoudn't cause the issues that arised...
I could see the hardware in device manager, (abit with the excliamation point), and the drivers loaded a ok....
It's just Vista *refused* too let the drivers/hardware play together...
This is the second instance of swapping out hardware, (I helped a friend out with His vista Rig from Gateway, he added/replaced a dvd/cd burner same issues).
I dunno, I think this should warrent further investagation...

Soooooo, yes I reformatted AGAIN, this time installing XP 64...
Everything is Hunky-Dory now.... NO Problems... :)
I'm happy/happy with my X2 4200 chip..
Currently clocked @ 2.53, air... ;)

No advertising your sale outside the Classifieds. (PS# Your sig looks fine to me. )
S-N, Forum Moderator.

And if someone would "help" me shorten my Sig, the way it "should" read, it'll be helpfull...
Again thanks for the replies/suggestions.....
LD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back