• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2gb OCZ + 2gb Team = no problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

I just picked up 2gb OCZ plat XTC kit becuase I have send in my Team Xtreem for RMA

when I get my xtreem back, do you think i would have no problem mixing two together?

ocz platinum xtc rev2 pc2 6400
team group Xtreem PC2-5300
althought xtreem is lower speed, it's good overclocker so it can match ocz's speed no problem

It will probably be hard on the Team Group sticks because they start off at a lower clock than the Plat XTC but if you can get them to a good clock stable, more power to you.

Just remember, it's not very good for the system if you mix & match brands of ram. Especially 2 different speeds.

My 2 sticks of OCZ xtc did not play nice with a new set of GSKILL that I bought. I ended up selling the GSKILL and getting another 2 sticks of OCZ and now they run perfectly.

guess I'll sell one set
i'm still running xp so 4gb wouldn't make much of difference
if they woke together well, i wouldn't mind saving it for later vista

I would try it. Just keep the matching sticks in the matching slots. Those Xtreme rams are very versatile I've found. Mine can do almost 400mhz (DDR2-800) 3-3-3 and they can do over 600mhz (DDR2-1200) if I loosen up the timings.

On my P4 machine, I can run 2x512mb of BH5 right alongside 2x512mb of CH5. Your Xtremes are D9's for sure, what are the OCZ's?

If it doesn't work then sell away but I think its worth a shot. It isn't a sellers market right now for ram, so you might loose money if you have to go that route.

Back