• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig - Vista ultimate 64bit worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marktruman2001

Registered
So with my new rig im building, will upgrading to vista ultimate 64bit be worth it?

I want to play the latest games coming out.. bioshock, will these work?

also, does anyone know if counterstrike source works?

is it compatible with older games released

thanks
mark

So um, whats the rig?

And yes, it's worth it. I have repeatedly said it, Vista is not rubbish, and is actually better, if not as good as XP. (see sig for the worst of Vista)

vista ultimate x64 is fine , works well, i play css and it plays great just as fast as xp and zero problems with it soo if u have 4gb id say go for it. i tried 32 and 64 bit both worked great :D

DanFraser said:
So um, whats the rig?

And yes, it's worth it. I have repeatedly said it, Vista is not rubbish, and is actually better, if not as good as XP. (see sig for the worst of Vista)

Q6600 quad core 2.4ghz
4gb of ddr2 800mgz Ram
Geforce 8800GTX

being built atm

If it works in vista x86, then it'll work in x64... there might be a few games out there that don't work under vista, I don't know any, but I'm sure there's some out there.

The only thing that has to be 64bit are the drivers, it's backwards compatible with programs :) It would be a crime not to have a 64bit OS on a setup like that :D

Back