• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Irv

Registered
During the last few weeks at various time my computer has shutdown. It's happened 4 or 5 times. I ignored it until today. When I woke up this morning coffee in hand, and went to the computer it again was shut down.

After checking the event viewer I found the following:

I then ran Microsofts MemTest X86 and let it do 11 passes without an error. What else can I do to isolate the problem?? Am I on the right track? Is there a better product for testing memory?
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
when you say "shut down", do you mean powered off, or reset? If it's powered off, it's probably something else. If it's rebooted/reset, then it could be memory but also other things.

When trying to troubleshoot something you're not sure about, the first thing is to isolate. If you can, stop overclocing, and go from there. If it happens at stock speeds, it's easier to start isolating than when you're pushing various items past spec.

Back