• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with resolution and viewing area

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTengineer

I just reinstalled XP and installed the latest drivers for my Nvidia 7600GT. I have always run 1440x900 on this monitor but now all of a sudden the viewing area seems to be too small. It is almost like it is zoomed in and I cannot view and fit the entire desktop on my screen. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

EDIT: it is recognizing my monitor fine

actually I take it back it is not recognizing my monitor correctly. I have a Hanns-g 19" wide screen and despite using the drivers from the website it says that the maximum resolution is only 1280x1024 which is not correct because it is 1440x900.

Last edited:
Try going into the advanced settings and unchecking the box that says "hide settings my monitor cannot support" and all the different resolutions up to 2560x1600 or whatever will show up.

Just set your resolution to 1440x900 and the refresh rate to whatever your monitor is rated for. Good luck.

g14novak said:
Try going into the advanced settings and unchecking the box that says "hide settings my monitor cannot support" and all the different resolutions up to 2560x1600 or whatever will show up.

Just set your resolution to 1440x900 and the refresh rate to whatever your monitor is rated for. Good luck.
Thanks

I actually already fixed it, I was using the wrong drivers for my card ... (yes I am an idiot). It's all good now. ;)

Back