• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anti virus and firewall for Vista 64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confusedxx

Registered
I heard that some firewalls and antivirus software was not yet working with Vista. Since I will most likely go with Vista 64 on the new machine, I wanted to know what antivirus program and what firewall program you all used on Vista 64? Do you also have a spyware program that you use there as well? :beer:

Antivir and built in firewall

Edit:
I wasn't paying attention, and didn't notice you were asking about Vista64. I don't think Antivir has a 64bit client.

Last edited:
There are no FREE software firewalls available for Vista x64, and the only FREE virus scanners available are Avast! and AVG ( as hkh and mgoode already mentioned ). Avira has a FREE version available for Vista, but only in the 32-bit flavor.

nod32 is the best bang for your buck. Very low impedence on your RAM and it does a great job.

JackNSally said:
AVG and ZoneAlarm

Hey mate,

Just want to be sure, are you running the new ZoneAlarm on 64bit Vista ?

As all I can find on there website is this,
ZoneAlarm said:
When our Vista version is released it will only be available for the 32bit Vista OS only.

We don't have any time frame if or when we will have a 64bit Vista version at this time.

Avast gets my vote . Its always performed xint in both XP x64 and Vista x64 .

Back