• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two quick questions; 1T/2T and Timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

webdevour

I've seen 1T/2T brought up but I can't find any real information on how this works... What is the difference between the two and how might I benefit from changing it?

Second... My RAM is supposed to run at 3.0-4-4-8, and it can. During my last reboot I changed it to 3.0-3-3-8 and it's still running fine. What exactly did I do?

Maybe it's just that I'm tired and about to sleep, but the whole cas latency thing has me confuzzled. :confused:

The numbers refer to the latency of the memory performing certain tasks the lower the number the faster your memory is working and the better the performance of your pc.

webdevour said:
So I want to be ale to run the memory at 2-2-2-6 or lower, but chances are it won't be able to run that fast, right?

Yes, that is a distinct possibility. That First number is the CAS Latency and generally the hardest to lower. The worst that will happen is your computer won't post, and you'll have to reset the CMOS on the motherboard. Not a big deal at all.

Not at all, thats why I don't mind doing this stuff. Also I think something just clicked on;

I was reading that A64 OC guide when I came across this line:
In this example we would like to run the CPU as fast as we can so close to 2700MHz (270x10) but because our memory cannot run at 270 FSB we cannot use the 10x multiplier.
Now, my RAM isn't running any higher than 220MHz... Is that why I can't raise my CPU FSB any higher than that without crashing?

My RAM is supposed to operate at 250MHz; does that mean I should be able to hit a 250MHz FSB no problem, assuming all other peripherals are sufficient?

you should be able to hit 250fsb, just go slow, and if you run into problems losen up your timings and increase voltages (again slowly) til you get it stable.

Back