• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair VS Patriot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCmaximum

Registered
Would like to buy a pair of DDR2 ram.
In my list right now are Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and Patriot PDC22G6400LLK. They are same price at Newegg. Do help me pick the better one for OC. Thanks a lot.

I would recommend the crucial ballistix as well. however, those specific patriot sticks overclock surprisingly well, almost as good as crucial ballistix in one comparison done by TH. I usually recommend that patriot memory in addition to crucial ballistix, but it seems like the patriots aren't too popular here

the only prob with the patriot is its really hard to confirm what ics they use.they have used elpida as well as d9gmh in those modules but its hard to find out what they use now :(
so for that reason its hard to recommend them to a ocer.the ballistix on the otherhand.you know exactly what your getting if you spend five minutes at ocf :D

i would go with the crucial, it has a lifetime warranty and those babys tend to overclock well. who knows they sometimes have mail in rebates on newegg too.

I have that Patriot memory in my current system, they are good and stable (once set at the right voltage, lol, something I didn't remember to do). I haven't tried any overclocking on them yet but the newegg reviews look good on that end. I also used their DDR1 memory in my Athlon XP system and never had issues.

BTW, Patriot also offers a lifetime warranty.

Zenpu said:
Hmm I guess no one would recommend the Corsair? lol
that corsair kit is good..if you don't want to overclock as much. the OP wants "the better one for OC", so the award goes to patriot (crucial ballistix are the write-in winner)

between those two i would go with the patriot.if nothing more than for the possibility of getting d9gmh.theres no possibilty of d9s in those geil.

I would suggest you go with the brand you feel most comfortable with on the whole. Consider, customer support, aesthetics, performance, price, etc. And, the Corsair also has the lifetime warranty.

Yellowbeard XMS said:
I would suggest you go with the brand you feel most comfortable with on the whole. Consider, customer support, aesthetics, performance, price, etc. And, the Corsair also has the lifetime warranty.
not trying to rain on your parade here (and I mean no disrespect seeing as how you're a corsair rep :D), but patriot (and a handful of other manufacturers) also offer a lifetime limited warranty on their memory

shirker said:
not trying to rain on your parade here (and I mean no disrespect seeing as how you're a corsair rep :D), but patriot (and a handful of other manufacturers) also offer a lifetime limited warranty on their memory
It's not my parade, it's the OPs. The warranty periods were pointed out in several places above for those other brands so I thought I would clarify ours too. Just trying to give the OP a level playing field to choose the memory he wants.

I'd go Corsair over Patriot or Geil. Corsair RAM has never failed on me like my Patriots have before. Patriot is still very good in my book though, I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Back