• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

magic smoke just left my head....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imposter

OK!!!!!

I am 100% fed up with this.

As everyone knows windows decided to make raid drivers only available through floppy

soooooooo, can anyone explain to me to me why my this dam thing wont detect my raid array. i have done this before, and i still dont understand why it doesnt work.
:mad:
anyway, i booted to my motherboard cd, hit a for making intel raid driver disette.
restarted put booted into my windows cd, hit f6 for the raid option... and no matter what i do It never detects the raid drivers... can anyone explain what im doing wrong?????

is there anyway of slip streaming the drivers into the cd?

thanks!!!!

IMP!

update 1: i dont think its the floppy - cable - floppy drive, because it detects, reads, and writes to them perfectly.

Last edited:
Do you have RAID enabled and the drives in the RAID? Pretty basic, but still :beer:

of course. =) they were in raid 0 before i did this. im just reformatting, i redid the raid too still no luck.

check out update 1 thideras

imposter said:
of course. =) they were in raid 0 before i did this. im just reformatting, i redid the raid too still no luck.

check out update 1 thideras
Did you make sure that it actually wrote to it correctly?

oh and tried the ones from the website still didnt work...

oh forgot to mention its my c2d rig in sig =)

Sig i told you guys my brain farted...

okk

e6300
P5b-e
2x7200.10 250Gb seagate drives
2gb of crucial ram
enermax liberty 500w
all at stock

When I had my ASUS motherboard, I always had to clear the CMOS before installing Winblows in order to get it to detect the RAID array after copying the device drivers from the floppy...

Then, after the first reboot, reapply all of your BIOS settings.

Worth a try?

I wasn't clear -- You cleared the CMOS, then reconfigured the RAID (but touched no other BIOS settings), then tried to install Windows?

Try Linux!

So step by step tell us what you are doing. Step by step. It might be that simple.

I know the other day I needed a newer library for a program I was compiling. I downloaded and installed a new mingw gcc for windows. Then for the life of me couldn't get anything to compile at all! After a good hour of frustration almost to the point of formating, a friend poped up and informed me that had I read the readme file I'd of know in windows you can't install more than one gcc at a time! Uninstalled the one and I can compile programs again!

Ok heres a step by step

REset bios to default.
boot into bios, i got into IDE Configurations, under sata confiutrations i set sata as raid, and i enable onboard serial ata bootrom

after, i set the cd as the boot drive.

i boot, with my motherboard cd and i hit "a" to make a raid drivers cd

i replace the cd's with my retail copy of xp, and boot up with it.

it goes into windows i hit F6 to get the raid drivers option

it askes me for another "other os" i hit enter

it says it can not find anything

then i restart and bang my head on the desk. Any mistakes?

Stachelsk said:
I wasn't clear -- You cleared the CMOS, then reconfigured the RAID (but touched no other BIOS settings), then tried to install Windows?
i set everything to default. should i do the jumper thing? remake the raid set up (delete the old one)

restart then boot into windows cd?

does anyone know how to slip stream drivers into a cd ?

I ALWAYS slipstream my "F6" drivers onto my XP CD with nLite. Been doing this for my last 5 builds (including 2x P5B-E's and a P5B-Deluxe WiFi), and I never had to use a Floppy :)

I'd DL the latest F6 utility from Intel, and write the floppy from the PC you are on now (it obviously works since you are posting from it :) ). This way, you can be sure that you are actually writing to the floppy. <OR> integrate the F6 drivers (off the Floppy) with nLite using your "Working" PC.

PS - if you want to integrate the drivers with nLite, you still have to create the Floppy, and either point nLite to the Floppy, or copy the floppy's contents to a folder on your HD (that is what i do). You can NOT get the F6 drivers directly from the F6 utility (you HAVE to write to a floppy in my experience - but once is all it takes). Then, integrate the drivers as "Textmode" drivers in nLite. MAKE SURE you select the correct ICH and config (EG: ICH8R RAID)...

It makes life much easier, and un-attended install is the bomb IMO :)

:cool:

I HAVE absolutely no idea what i just did, but it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUahahahah!!!!!!!!

WAOOOOOO CSS server will be up today after all~!!!! =)

thanks guys!!

imposter said:
it askes me for another "other os" i hit enter

it says it can not find anything

then i restart and bang my head on the desk. Any mistakes?

it sounds to me that the f6 wasn't registering. i always remember having to hit S to specify a raid driver. regardless, i'm glad it worked out for you.

Back