• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What OS to install on laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emceepecks

I'll be getting my Lenovo T61 soon, and I'm wondering if vista performance is going to be an issue on this machine. I haven't used Vista since beta 2, and from I remember, it was horridly slower than XP. I'm very familiar with XP, but I can catch on to Vista quickly. What do you guys think?

There are a few different models of the T61, what specs does your have?

I would say XP certainly, but that is because I game a lot and generally don't see the advantages of vista. I wouldn't recommend vista unless you have 2GB of RAM, but if you like it then you can always make a stripped down vlited disc of it to ensure that it runs as fast as possible.

>HyperlogiK< said:
There are a few different models of the T61, what specs does your have?

I would say XP certainly, but that is because I game a lot and generally don't see the advantages of vista. I wouldn't recommend vista unless you have 2GB of RAM, but if you like it then you can always make a stripped down vlited disc of it to ensure that it runs as fast as possible.

That is what I want to do.

**EDIT** Has anybody used the Vista Performance Edition ISO? I saw it on a BT tracker site...

specs in sig

Back