• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VPN Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

Ok , We use a program @ my company to look up parts . It is a stand alone program on each PC . For some reason I am unable to update from any other office than mine . Both my self and the person who had this job before me have been trying to work with the compy that suplies teh program for years with no luck .

So today I tried setting up a VPN from one of the other offices to my PC , And guess what it worked ! I was able to download the updates that I was looking for .

No my question is this , I want a few people to be able to connect with this VPN @ the end of the day so they can run the updates as well . But It Says the connection is in use when I try and connect the second PC .

Can Xp pro only let one VPN connection @ a time ? If yes Do any of the other Os's let me connect more ? I have a 2000 server and a 2003 server box in my office as well that I could use if it would make a difference .

The VPN connection you're using is for a single connection. They do make VPN capable routers that can be connected together as 'trusted' and then any traffic can flow through them (ie - multiple connections/users). But one VPN user connection is only secured for one other user at a time. It's a single tunnel for that single session (if that makes sense).

I am no means an expert, but I do some support for VPN at my job and understand the basics.

In order to accomplish what I think you want you either need that router to router tunnel or use terminal services on the windows 2003 box.

I tryed it on the 2003 box , and it is working great so far I have 4 connections going @ the same time . My boss cant belive I got this working we have had this problem for 5 years ! Sure save me time from updateing each of the 10 pc's my self each day .

Back