• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5v line @5.69v!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaosdriven

WOW, thats alot to the point of possibly being dangerous for your system. You may want to look inside the PSU to see if it has pots to adjust the voltage, may want to turn it down abit.

I think 12v is around 12.1

That and the 5v @5.69 are on the boot screen. I haven't checked to see the voltages under load.

It's been running nonstop for over a week.
I have not opened the PS, so I do not know if it does have a pot.
Not one crash.

Ok, I just installed MBM 5.02

The readings with MBM idle/load (seti) are:

5v=4.95-7/4.92
12v=12.28/12.22

10.5*150

Nothing to get excited about I suppose. I have no idea why there would be such a difference between the motherboard reading on boot and MBM!

my 5v line varies from 5.2 --> 5.4 ish...

you usually can take into account voltages of fans and hard drives they are spinning all the time and after a certain point you set them to spin down (turn off) this means less current is being taken so you may have a higher 5v line.... just a thought its not entirely correct but my 2 cents....

Those seem to be good under load. If the psu could supply anywhere near that under load I would be worried however that is not the case. I would believe your are good to go. If in fact you were getting5.3-5.4 or so under load then I would check to see if it had a pot that I could adjust.

Back