• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

performance and reliability fix KB938979 (x64) Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

Hey I have an issues when I install this update I loose my internet, when I hover over the network icon it say something about spooling service was unable to start or could not be found, it was something along toughs lines anyway.

I was wondering of anyone has any ideas,

Dumb question, but you did install the 64bit version, right? I doubt it would let you install the wrong version, but you never know.

Edit: Btw, the 32bit version of this patch screws with my hard drives. It takes about 20 minutes after rebooting to start, but after that it sounds like my drives get shut completely down, then spin up at 30-60 second intervals and lag out my computer. I uninstalled, then reinstalled to verify this, and it's repeatable.

yeah I did install th 64bit version I have installed and reinstalled twice.

As for your problem I have no clue.

OK I fixed it.

1. Uninstall this update
2. In c:\windows\system32\drivers - change the tcpip.original to tcpip.sys (after renaming the tcpip.sys to something else).
3. Re-install this update

Back