• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Audio Device Is Installed: But audio WORKS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

anyone seen this?
audio works! the x-fi is in the control panel and is installed correctly (did a uninstall of drivers) but Windows thinks I have no audio installed in the taskbar and has a red cross through the volume control... also cant change audio volume in Applications :(

there is 3 other guys with same problem but no clue: http://forums.microsoft.com/technet/ShowPost.aspx?postid=1992504&siteid=17

here is a fun screenshot to explain my situation:

1076254284_ebe247cb02_b.jpg

GOT IT!!!!!!!!

the shame the shame.... i changed the temp directories in "enviromental variables" and by accident changed the "windir" directory to my temp directory (to quick to tired). seems sound panel is looking for "%windir%/system32/mmsys.dll" ... sight... and I looked in my windows dir and I found it... so I figured must be reference wrong and suddenly I rememberd I played with things I should not play with :)

Back