• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software to put files into folders

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eureb

Registered
I'm trying to organize my music folder by putting the songs into folders based on the band, and it's a very long and tedious process.... So I wanted to know if there was a program that you could type a word (Like the band name), and every song in the main folder with that word would go into a folder for it.

thanks!!

Create a folder for a band, search that band's name, Ctrl+A, Ctrl+V in the created folder. If there's a reason that this wouldn't work let me know.

oh, it works (that's what I had been doing), just there's alot of artists, and I just wanted to know if there was a quick & easy way to do it

So, I used the godfather... and aparently, I did something wrong, because about half of my 5300 songs were deleted...

Luckily, I was able to use PC Inspector File Recovery to recover all but about 1000 of them.... And I believe I have the CDs for about a third to half of those songs... so oh welll... Still sucks that I lost all that freakin music.

What was weird, was that some of the files I recovered, were like mixtures of several songs. it would start playing one song, and then play part of another song, all in the same file...

I know it's probably beyond hope, but is there a way for me to get back all of the files? System Restore's not bringing them back, though I didn't know if that's because they're all on my media HDD, and not the HDD my OS is on (though I have System restore active on both drives....)

If the locations that the files were stored on got overwritten already. that could cause the problem restoring those songs

Were your files tagged correctly? TGF uses tag information to create directories and rename the files. I'm guessing TGF moved them all someplace that you are currently unaware of; it doesn't just delete stuff. I'm guessing you didn't have much hard drive space then.

Back