• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think is the best SDram...errr...Fastest.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

I want to know because Im going to be using some PC100 for awhile that does 150fsb cas 3, and 146fsb cas 2, (well it did on my deceased KT7a), SO like anyone else I want more...I saw the
(copy and paste) 256MB Mushkin High Performance Rev 3+ at coolinggears.com with the heatsinks on the mem chips ( may not be needed but would look cool :D) So is this a good choice or what? Pesonaly I think these sticks would look cool on the new KT7a that im getting.

Mmmm..mmm..cant wait but have to for paycheck...

Can't really go wrong with any SDRAM manufactured by Mushkin, Corsair or Micron in my opinion. Especially if it's guaranteed for high FSB and low timings.

I don't think your ram can do that PC100 @150!

I go with Jon on this and I will think everyone is going to go what he posted because those are the best ram.

OCZ PC150

I have been using the OCZ ICE 150 and for 36 bux I am impressed so far. In my opinion, if you cant run at 2-2-2 you shouldn't bother overclocking. 2-2-2 benchmarks alot higher than 3-3-3 and it seems pointless to overclock the memory if you have to slow down the latency to do so. That being said, i can run my 256 stick at 155 2-2-2 w/o cooling or voltage changes and it runs 100% stable at that i also have everything in the bios that is memory related set to the fastest. I can get over 500 mb/sec at this setting in sisoft mem benchmark. I can also go higher at 2-2-2 if i raise the I/O voltage. I normally dont do it because i dont trust "over volting" a device but i have made it over 160 mhz @ 2-2-2 by doing that. THis is good memory for the money. elcheapo pc133 costs 20 bux and mushkin is way over priced at 100. :beer:

Re: OCZ PC150

supergenius74 said:
mushkin is way over priced at 100. :beer:

I disagree, I bought a 128Mb stick when it was much more expensive (no I won't tell you how much....you really don't wanna know:D ).
But Mushkin and Corsair were the fastest back then, keep in mind that the (old)Mushkin stick used 7.5ns chips, now they have 7ns chips.
I'm definitely gonna buy some more Mushkin.

really?

Well you must have had more luck with mushkin than I, i have 2 sticks of 128 meg mushkin pc133HSDRAM rev3 and neither one will go over 146 @ 2-2-2 no matter what i do and you are right about the speed. the mushkin sticks have 7ns chips on them and my OCZ has 7.5ns chips but the OCZ is programed differently than the mushkin sticks. the mushkin ones are still pc133 while the OCZ are pc150. :beer:

I just got some 256mb OCZ Ice PC150, they now come with Micron 7ns chips instead of Infineon 7.5ns chips. So far I have no problems running it at 150 2-2-2. But I get errorrs when loading win2K at 155 2-2-2. Another weird problem is that I can't get more than one stick to work on my BE6II2.0. Add more than one stick will cause my mobo to give off the beeping sound at startup.

Rght now I am back to running 2 sticks of Mushkin Rev 2 at 160 3-3-3. I guess I will have to try the Rev3+ next.

Well my PC100 does do 150 Cas 3, 147 cas2 I have benches to prove if ya wanna see..they are just 64 meg sticks which is why I have just 192 meg right now, But this was on my Kt7a..this KX133 chipset doesnt like Cas 2 period, After 30 mins in Win2k programs start giveing errors, I did get lucky once and had iit running Cas 2 147 on this chipset a whole day but then Tribes 2 kept restarting my pc...

i would get Kingmax PC150...they use 6ns chips:eek: ..also i saw some memory scores and they wuped the floor with crucial...

Tonicom is the absolute best but very hard to come by and only came in 128mb sticks. It has been known to go near 180mhz.

I really don't think that any memory can compare to Crucial. It is the best price/performance ratio that imho. I know that Mushkin, OCZ and others use the terms PC150 etc. I really don't think that it is worth the extra $$ that they charge for it.

109.00 USD for 128 megs of PC150? I've never had a problem with Crucial reaching 150 FSB at CAS2 and have paid less than 109.00 for 768 Megs of ram.

price

Right now crucial 256 meg pc133 cas2 costs the same as OCZ pc150 cas2....about 35 bux, but the OCZ is garanteed to run at 150, the crucial is still a gamble.:beer:

TranceBear said:
Tonicom is the absolute best but very hard to come by and only came in 128mb sticks. It has been known to go near 180mhz.

I didn't mention the tonicom because its not available in the U.S. anymore.
It was only $19.99 for 256mb.

Just bought a stick of Kingmax pc150 512mb for $65US, mildly clocked now. I bought it becuase it seemed cheap, and from all reviews I read it blew away crucial pc133.

Back