• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory settings for OC (E4300 + P5N)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hmaddin

Registered
I *seem* to have a stable overclock to 3 ghz but I'm not sure about my memory settings.

HW:
E4300
Asus p5n-e sli
2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1000

BIOS Settings:
FSB set to 1333
Memory "linked" to FSB (so it shows 1333)
Memory Voltage set to 2.375 (or something close to that)

I upped the voltage after trying an "unlinked" setting of 1066 for the memory and xp crashed.

CPU-Z reports Frequency of 400 mhz. FSB:DRAM 5:6

Is this the correct thing I should be seeing? Am I using reasonable settings?

You should lower the vdimm. 2.375 is too high, you will burn these sticks running it 24/7 at that voltage. This memory will run DDR2-1000 at 5-5-5-15 with 2.2vdimm. At 1333 you are running your memory at 333FSB (DDR2-666). It should also run 1066 no problem. There is something else at play here. What vcore are you running? And what FSB do you hvae the CPU set to?

Thanks for the advice on the memory.

I didn't change any vcore settings. Should I?

I only changed one FSB setting and that was the setting to 1333 to achieve 3 ghz.

>>>At 1333 you are running your memory at 333FSB (DDR2-666)

I'm new to this and that isn't what I expected really. So should I unlink the memory from the FSB and use some other setting to get better performance?

So as far as the memory speed goes, trying to understand... If I "link" the memory and set the FSB to 1333, this doesn't increase the speed of the memory?

Suggestions for settings on this memory? What is reasonable that I can get away with? Can I unlink and set to to 1600 or higher? So 1600 = ddr2-800? Or does it have to be a multiple of the FSB and I'd have to adjust the clock multiplier?

Back