• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend Capture Card for VHS to DVD.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

Hey guys, need some advice here for converting VHS tapes to DVD. When I buy a capture card will the software that comes with it be suffice for easily converting the tapes to DVD? Any advice and hardware recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty green to this type of conversion so tips and tricks are also welcome. Thanks....:)

I'd look into a Canopus card for the best transfers. They're on the expensive side, but are much better than most of the cheap solutions (DazzleDVD, etc.). I guess if you have to go cheap, Pinnacle is really the only choice. As far as software goes, I'd take a look over at VideoHelp.com and either chec their forums or Tools section. There are both freeware (usually excellent, but more difficult for beginners) and payware.

Jon said:
I'd look into a Canopus card for the best transfers. They're on the expensive side, but are much better than most of the cheap solutions (DazzleDVD, etc.). I guess if you have to go cheap, Pinnacle is really the only choice. As far as software goes, I'd take a look over at VideoHelp.com and either chec their forums or Tools section. There are both freeware (usually excellent, but more difficult for beginners) and payware.
Thanks for the tips Jon. Wow, those Canopus cards are pretty expensive. Not sure if I want to spend that much for the project I have at hand, but then again I have been reading reviews for the Pinnacle products and they haven't been very good so far! I forgot about that VideoHelp.com, great website!! Well, I'll do a little more research and make a decision. Thanks again for your input. :beer:

Ok, I'm leaning towards This I'm still reading mixed reviews but sometimes you can't trust some of the reviews due to the fact of user inexperience. Does anyone know of any reputable etailers for this particular item? Newegg doesn't carry this specific model and that's where I do most of my shopping. :)

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this Pinnacle Studio MovieBox DV, I just have to find a good place to order it from.

Back