• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mixing OCZ Memory Need Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bopbop

Registered
Hello,

I currently have 2 GB of OCZ Platinum series and I want to add another Gig of memory. Should I get 2 GB OCZ or I'll be fine with 2 x 512 OCZ Platinum series. Since both memory has the same timings. Although I am running my mem. at 2.7v and the 2 x 512 is suggsted at 2.6. please help to decide.

Thanks

Mobo is IC7-G

The chips may not match so you would probably get errors seeing how they are dual channel. Try to keep them all the same size and remember unless you are running vista you won't be able to access more than 3 gigs.

He won't get errors unless something is wrong with the system. I've run two sided DIMMs with one sided DIMMs with different chips on each without issue (UTT & TCC3 to be exact - polar opposites) :D.

Seeing as you have a S478 system, I'd say stick with what you have and move to a newer, DDR2 or 3 platform, before sinking money into expensive memory like the OCZ.

Back