• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP pro Sp2 Fonts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcticPenguin

Is there way to get all the default system fonts back? i wanted to create a back up in case. i have installed thousands of fonts and was wondering if theres way to flush the fonts that way i can reorganize them properly?

thanks!

Create a work folder, i.e. C:\tempfont | Put your XP CD in the drive and exit from the auto-run, then click Start | Run | Type cmd, and click OK | At the prompt type the following commands ( assuming your CD drive is D: - substitute the correct letter if it isn't), hitting ENTER after each...

D:
CD i386
EXPAND *.TT_ C:\tempfont
EXPAND *.FO_ C:\tempfont
C:
CD \tempfont
REN *.TT_ *.TTF
REN *.FO_ *.FON
EXIT

That will extract all 298 fonts to C:\tempfont. You can then go to the Fonts folder, browse to C:\tempfont, and select the ones you need. Check the 'Copy to fonts folder' box before OK. Once you're sure you have everything you need, you can delete the work folder.

Back