• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Animated background, vista ultimate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

I just recieved a bunch of animated backgrounds from Hellgate:london
It stated used with "vista ultimate" only

Well I got vista ultimate but when I click on the files, the only option is to play the videos in windows media player.

How do you add the video as animated backgrounds?

http://www.hellgatelondon.com/repository_files/file/111/

Found the answer, requires a download from windows updat called dreamscape.

You need Vista Ultimate and its a download under Ultimate Extras.

Youre looking for Dreamscene. Once you download Dreamscene, it basically plays any vid you select into a loop for your background. Those vids you downloaded need to be placed in the appropriate folder and select it under your display options for your background.

It looks pretty sharp.

Is the video rendered by the video card or what? How much CPU usage does it usually take up for you guys?

IntruderII said:
Is the video rendered by the video card or what? How much CPU usage does it usually take up for you guys?

I have a...erm..unauthorized copy of Dreamscene on Vista Business. The original videos that MS put out were fairly low impact. Some of the user made videos I tried really hammered the cpu. There's also a proprietary .dream(from stardock I believe) format that's supposed to be very efficient, and takes fewer resources than .mpgs or .wmas. I haven't been able to use them though, because their installer checks for a valid copy of Vista Ultimate, and won't install if it doesn't find it.

Back