• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommended contact management software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

benbaked

Folding/SETI/Rosetta Team Member
Hi,

I'm looking for a new contact management software for Windows XP. Something with a calendar, that I can setup appointments in, and have it display timed reminders for upcoming events (such as "You have XXXXXX meeting in 5 minutes, click Snooze or Dismiss").

I've used Palm Desktop in the past and it worked, but I'm not sure that I can technically use that unless I actually have a Palm Pilot. Regardless, I've had some issues with Palm Desktop not remembering appointments that I've inserted into its calendar (after saving the program too). Their tech support probably won't help me since I don't have a Pilot.

Outlook could be an option, and it is installed on the machine, but I don't use it for email (I use Thunderbird), and I'd rather have something lightweight and robust.

Thanks in advance!

ben

I don't send or recieve a lot of email, but I do like Outlook 2007. I use it's calendar function (also used it in Outlook 2003) and sync the calendar with my Smartphone. I'm not using any really fancy functions, but it's extremely useful since my memory is kind of poor. Also, its much easier to add contacts on Outlook than my phone, since I just have a small keypad (and I couldn't stand a bigger phone anyways...).

I have tried quite a few different email clients, and I even ran my desktop linux-only (Debian) for about 6 months, but one reason I switched back to Windows is that Outlook is the best email client I have ever used.

Back