• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FireFox & PNG images

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArcticPenguin

I have a rather seemingly small issue, and i tried the firefox forums;
When trying to save images from sites im working on in FireFox it doesnt save the PNG Image File correctly, it works fine in IE and on other systems, so ive isolated it down to maybe an error in my Firefox; ive checked the filetypes and i dont see a PNG listed in there. but the other machine im using that does it correctly has PNG set as: Open with QuicktimePLug-in which is associated with a GIF Icon. Is there a way I can acheive that? by default PNG's open with my ImageReady CS2

Firefox:
http://i19.tinypic.com/4pkja0m.jpg

IE:
http://i15.tinypic.com/4v7yuzq.jpg

is that normal for firefox?

just curious because sometimes it doesnt save the images as the right Filetype

heres a png url to try:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/PNG_transparency_demonstration_1.png

Thank you in advanced!

thank you both for the replies.

hm....im wondering why i cant save them, im workin gon this project and i cant view nor see PNg images in firefox i havent dont anything at all to the build, i trashed the folder in:

c:\documents and settings\username\application data\mozilla\firefox

so its defaulted and still to no avail.

im using the FireFox 2.0.0.6 and XP Pro SP2

so i guess im at a loss, for some reason it works in IE7 but unfortunately or fortunately whichever way you see it; were building specifically around firefox browser.

really peculiar.

any ideas as for a remedy?

thanks again much appreciated

Does anyone have imageready cs2 or quicktime installed?

as that might be my problem aswell.

And under your Quicktime settings
Edit>Preferences>QuickTime Preferences

under the Browser Tab > Them Mime settings
under the Images expanded view, is PNG image selected?

and in the QT Preferences still
The FileType Tab > image expander > is PNG selected there aswell?

thanks im not sure why i cant view or save PNG's in my firefox.

quite bizarre

thanks alot

I have imageready CS2 installed and I have the same problem as you. If that makes you feel any better.

Burnout01 said:
I have imageready CS2 installed and I have the same problem as you. If that makes you feel any better.
okay then its an image ready issue.

cuz then i guess it happens when you install imageready cs2 it autop defaults image settings.

alright it makes me feel relieved that i know its not my xp

ArcticPenguin said:
Does anyone have imageready cs2 or quicktime installed?

as that might be my problem aswell.

And under your Quicktime settings
Edit>Preferences>QuickTime Preferences

under the Browser Tab > Them Mime settings
under the Images expanded view, is PNG image selected?

and in the QT Preferences still
The FileType Tab > image expander > is PNG selected there aswell?

thanks im not sure why i cant view or save PNG's in my firefox.

quite bizarre

thanks alot
I have Imageready and Photoshop CS2 installed and I do not have this issue with firefox.

I also have the Adobe suite installed. With the latest of Firefox along with it.

You might want to try and save a png while running in Firefox safemode. It could be a extension issue.

Attachments

• png.png
    png.png
    23 KB · Views: 187
Yeah i think it has to do with Imageready and adobe filetypes.

Can i ask do any of you have PNG selected as a Browser MIME Type in quicktime?

and if you guys have a PNG image on your desktop. and right click and open with Internet Explorer does it auto ask to open in ImageReady>?

im jsut curious because whenever im using dreamweaver and flash i try to view my graphics but it keeps opening up other programs and im just trying to get it to where i can use it without hassle.

I appreciate all your assistance and i can kind of rest easier knowing its not that big of a dilemma it just seems its an adobe thing

thank you again all!!

ArcticPenguin said:
im jsut curious because whenever im using dreamweaver and flash i try to view my graphics but it keeps opening up other programs and im just trying to get it to where i can use it without hassle.
When a program needs to open with another application.

Right click the file. | 'Open With' | Choose Program.. | Select the apllication you want as the defaut | Also checking the radio box on the bottom (Always use the seleceted program to open this kind of file)

If the desired application is not in the list. Manually navigate to it. By selecting browse. To make it easier if you do manually select an application. Check the radio button beforehand.

Back