• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRM and You

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for posting this. Micro$oft is an easy target, always has been. They definitely sleep in the same bed with the movie and music industries, but then again they are all trying to ensure their market share. I don't blame them, whether I like it or not. I also don't have to support them if this isn't a practice I approve of. If enough people stop buying their goods because of issues they encounter during playback they'll be forced to find another solution or just put out quality goods people would be willing to pay for. As I see it, part of the issue is trying to sell crap and expecting people to buy it. Increase the demand, increase the sales.

I still buy DVDs and music CDs, and I know how to get them through other means at little or no cost. So why do I still buy them? 1) To support the artist, director, actors, etc that I feel are worthy 2) The music/movie is really good and I don't want some lamely ripped copy

Back