• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Partition Manager for Vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nabis

What partition manager would any of you recommend for Vista x64?
It seems my old trusty stuff isn't compatible (Paragon Partition Manager, Powerquest Partition Magic, etc.)

Just got the "new" version of Paragon - ver 8.5.
I can at least get into the program, but it isn't allowing me to increase the size of C:
This is just one 250Gb drive, I wanted to increase C: by 10Gb (was 20Gb). Thought it would be easy to take it from the D:, but it's saying that C: is in use, and to restart, which I did, and Paragon says it cannot load drivers at boot.
Any ideas?

Mr.Guvernment said:
what do you need it for? do you often change partition sizes after the os is installed?
No. Not often.
This particular time, I installed Vista x64 Ultimate with 20Gb on the C:, and it's not enough. It ate through it very quickly, with no external apps loaded on the C: at all.
I was thinking of adding 10Gb to it.... Do you think that will be enough? (I'm contemplating another 20Gb, if I get this working.)
Redduc - Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.

This sucks... Tried Partition Logic - That won't load from boot. Says "Cannot Initialize", and says something about the kernel.
Tried Knoppix, but the version I downloaded won't let me into Gnome, GParted, or Qtparted without a password.
And finally, I attempted to start from scratch, but keep my D: (Data), but I am an obvious Vista dummy. I can't figure out how to merge the 2 unallocated volumes together to make 30Gb.
So, know I'm looking at a 20Gb C: that is almost totally used up with just Vista, a D: that has all my data, and a 10Gb unallocated, all on one 250Gb drive.
At this point, I don't care about losing the Vista partition, I just want 2 partitions, one with 30Gb, and one with 220Gb, without losing the D:

Back