• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stripped down windows user

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

Hey I was wondering if there was any way to make a benching user on my Win XP pro 64 which only started the minumum things needed to run...like not even anti virus (as when i bench and extreme OC i run without network).

I want this so i can log on faster and make a few more death shots lol instead of the PC dying as i log on. :D

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas.

Tweaktown.com also has a very good WinXP optimization guide.

As you can imagine it is OLD.

mdameron said:
He's back?!

Unfortunately :( He's probably one of the biggest causes of broken computers (other than virus') out there. His service tweaks don't accomplish anything for performance, and they end up breaking things that are hard to track down. I think your best bet is to disable all startup items, and leave it at that. You have enough memory to cover all the small stuff with XP. Stock is about as good as it gets. A fresh install boots up lightning fast for me.

He has a zip file on his site that restores WinXP if IIRC.

Check out the Tweaktown guide. I'll swear it helped my old rig.

awesome guys....thanks for all the replies....will look a the links l8er and get back with results/comments.

Back