• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7+ Hours of Memtest86+, 1 error.... Stable????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M Diddy

Just curious guys.... Clocked my G Skill HZ's to 1099 Mhz yesterday at only 2.2V set in BIOS. Ram Memtest86+ as I always do and fell asleep. Anyway, woke up this morning and found that over the course of the whole night, only 1 error was detected. Would you guys consider that stable or should I bump the volts to 2.25 to be safe?????

Actually, that's what I'm asking.... Next step up is 2.25, up from 2.2. Just wondering if that 1 error is something to worry about or not. :)

M Diddy said:
Actually, that's what I'm asking.... Next step up is 2.25, up from 2.2. Just wondering if that 1 error is something to worry about or not. :)
It probably isn't a huge deal, but it's something you should try to correct. I personally wouldn't want any errors when running Memtest, memory instability can cause all sorts of fun down the line.

dealmaster said:
It probably isn't a huge deal, but it's something you should try to correct. I personally wouldn't want any errors when running Memtest, memory instability can cause all sorts of fun down the line.

Yes one day your OS might just become corrupt and its a hell of a pain. Increase the volts to 2.25 or 2.3v depending on what your motherboard allows for increments. I wouldn't go past 2.3v before putting a fan over the RAM.

For only 7 hours... I'd say you have a problem. It's not horrible, but there's obviously an issue. Like stated above, one day you'll just be there, and the os will load a highly important file into memory, and BSOD!!! yeys! I'd check for heat, and what are your timings at? You might want to lossen them just a tad... that might very well make it work.

Back