• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After installing Nforce drivers my SATA disc shows in "Safely Remove Hardware" menu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

After installing Nforce drivers my SATA disc shows in "Safely Remove Hardware" menu

Its bugging me...
Is that normal or did I do something wrong? I updated SMbus drivers and IDE drivers only.

Have DFI LanParty Ultra-D Nforce 4 mobo.

Melhisedek said:
Its bugging me...
Is that normal or did I do something wrong? I updated SMbus drivers and IDE drivers only.

Have DFI LanParty Ultra-D Nforce 4 mobo.

I don't think you did anything wrong. SATA drives are designed to be hot-swapable. If the motherboard supports that option.

Oh... Didn't know :) Strange thing is that it never showed before (had some older nforce drivers though). Any way of making it permanent? (hate the icon tbh)

Melhisedek said:
Oh... Didn't know :) Strange thing is that it never showed before (had some older nforce drivers though). Any way of making it permanent? (hate the icon tbh)

Not sure. I had it show up on my DFI NF4 SLI motherboard, but then it went away. Never showed up on my DFI Expert board. You can hide the icon by right clicking on the taskbar, but then it won't show up when you put in USB devices.

Try Device Manager > (right-click)-Properties > Policies. There is an option there that might turn it off for you.

You might also want to give this a try... Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Services | nvata

In the RH pane right-click and select New--> DWORD Value | Give the new DWORD a Value name of DisableRemovable | Right click the DWORD and select "Modify" | In the "Edit DWORD" window that opens, type 1 in the Value data field and click OK | Reboot.

redduc900 said:
You might also want to give this a try... Start | Run | Type regedit, and click OK | Expand the following branch in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Services | nvata

In the RH pane right-click and select New--> DWORD Value | Give the new DWORD a Value name of DisableRemovable | Right click the DWORD and select "Modify" | In the "Edit DWORD" window that opens, type 1 in the Value data field and click OK | Reboot.

does that disable all Removeable drives? even ones that get plugged in like MP3 players and such?

Am at work so I can't try but it would be a bummer if I couldn't see my mp3 and digital camera anymore :)

If you're uncomfortable or unsure of how to edit the registry, then do what torin3 recommended... Taskbar and Start Menu Properties | "Customize" button--> Customize Notifications | Safely Remove Hardware--> Always Hide.

I have an EVGA 680i motherboard, and i also get that safely remove hardware thing at the bottom of my screen for my hard drive. I dont much mind so, your not alone.:attn:

Back