• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone gotten 1066 to 1333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Syndicate

Was curious about this , Reason im asking is because my new egg cart is full ( besides a pcu , I already have a q6600 g0.

I was waiting for the 1066 crucials to come back in stock but it seems these are poor over clockers although their 800mhz is fantastic. So I am guessing its just a small binning process as always.

my board is going to be a gigabyte p35 ds3r ( one with out firewire and all that stuff since i have no need )

could some one look on egg and see which 2gbx1gb 1066 ram they would reccomend .. I realize i will not hit 1333 most likely thats fine , I just want something I can clock decently with out having to screw with the stock timings or jumping the hell out of the voltage.

under 250 dollars though please

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227181

I was looking at those although i still feel weird about ocz since when they first came around they werent that great ( i know now they have changed and are a lot better )

Thanks for the responses , It doesnt have to be 1333 that was just something I was curious about and wasnt sure if all the 1066 iwas is nothing different just a 1066 locked to 800 ( not sure of the right words to describe it but im sure you know what i mean )

the ballistix 1066s are poor ocers?where did you hear that?
that couldnt be further from the truth.you wont find a better ocing 8500 period.i wouldnt even consider a different brand of 8500s.

Back