• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec300 watt...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diu

I am using a crappy 300watt PSU right now..
which is not enough..
I am currenlty low on money right now..
Will a 300watt Antec enough for my rig?

I used a 300w antec on mine before oc'ing and the TEC were added. So look at my sig, minus the TEC and the overclock and there you go. I think it'd work fine. It's a good PSU.

With the Antec 300W going for $43 shipped and the 400W going for $77 shipped (Pricewatch), the 300W is an attractive PSU. However, being one of those people who has had to re-buy several peripherals because I didn't buy the first time with an eye on the future, I'd recommend getting the 400W if there is any way possible. If that is absolutely out of the question, then by all means get the 300W. Antec supplies are excellent "workhorses".

73, Hoot

There is also a middle of the road Antec 350w PS priced in the mid $50 range. Actually just bought one to replace my 250w PS.

I don't see any 350w PS in canada.
So, I think i might get the 400w one,
cuz the 8KHA+ has the 5v rail problem.

Well I have a antec 300watt psu that came along with my case, and I been having problem with the psu, here is the stuff I'm running

Athlon 1.4 @1.6 (or higher if possible)
Abit KG7
2x256MB DDR
Gainward Geforce3
DVD,CDRW
SCSI card
modem
Floppy
2 120mm fan
80mm fan
USB speakers
USB mouse
(watercooled so no HSF)

is that too much for a 300watt psu???

DDRpower said:
Well I have a antec 300watt psu that came along with my case, and I been having problem with the psu, here is the stuff I'm running

Athlon 1.4 @1.6 (or higher if possible)
Abit KG7
2x256MB DDR
Gainward Geforce3
DVD,CDRW
SCSI card
modem
Floppy
2 120mm fan
80mm fan
USB speakers
USB mouse
(watercooled so no HSF)

is that too much for a 300watt psu???

No, I don't think so. I ran almost the same config (mobo, ram, cpu, vid card) for a while with the same psu you have and it worked fine. Check the motherboard health values in cmos and see how the +5 and +12v legs are.

donny_paycheck said:

No, I don't think so. I ran almost the same config (mobo, ram, cpu, vid card) for a while with the same psu you have and it worked fine. Check the motherboard health values in cmos and see how the +5 and +12v legs are.

Well I know my +5 value is kind of off when I overclock, the +5 value is at about 4.90. but it's normal when I set my CPU at stock speed. I was told that my psu was not giving enough power thats why I encounter sudden reboots when I overclock my CPU.

DDRpower said:

Well I know my +5 value is kind of off when I overclock, the +5 value is at about 4.90. but it's normal when I set my CPU at stock speed. I was told that my psu was not giving enough power thats why I encounter sudden reboots when I overclock my CPU.
If it's off by that much then it could very well be. Since the +5vdc line is the most critical it's stressed especially in overclocking...because that's where the core voltage comes from for the CPU.

So, by doing the 5v mod, it will definately help stability?:confused:

I have an Antec 300w, (I hate it $35-lol) I think it doesn't have enough .....umph! for OC'ng.

I need to do 5v mod...........

WarriorII said:
So, by doing the 5v mod, it will definately help stability?:confused:

I never did it, so I can't really tell you, but I think it would. Somebody else following this probably knows more than me about this anyway.

Back