• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Server 2000 using waaayyy to much memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

My server 2000 is appartently using about 2.5gb of ram. I cant seem to find out why its using so much and can't seem to stop it. When I start the server, it starts off at around 1gb being used and then slowly gets to around 2.5gb. I recently had this server crash, and did a recovery through the CD. I have also upgraded the mobo, cpu, and ram on the server.

Attached screen shots of the tm.

Attachments

• performance.jpg
    performance.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 31
  • performance2.jpg
    performance2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 31
Check the box to show processes from all users. You are not seeing all the processes.

OK, in the task manager go to view then set columns. Check virtual memory size then ok.

See if anything is using a huge amount of virtual memory.

Geeze... it should be using like 400mb... Well, the first approach is to find out what is using that much... what programs do you have running? When did this start happening? Look around first. And like stated above, how much vm do you have set?

Back