• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

reliably fails but passes as well.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adragontattoo

Trailer Chasing Senior
Memory reliably fails but passes as well.

Ok my Gaming rig has been going wonky for the last few months and I decided to start breaking the system down after yet again another Hard lock.

skt 939 3800 x2
Epox 9NPA+SLI
2x EVGA 7600GT
2gb DDR 400 G Skill (2x 1gb)

Dropped all drives out
One stick of G skill DDR 400
One vid card

Passes on a three day test of regular boot and run on both sticks both Vid cards.

Change parameters to test BIOS all and Instant Fails scrolling down my screen to the point that the machine will eventually hang and reboot.

000e8400000 3716.0 MB
000fff00000 4095.0 MB

are the two that I could catch prior to reboot.

Tried on both sticks of Gskill and also random sticks of memory and all failed ONLY on BIOS all test.

Is this saying that my board or Processor has decided to crash? I dont have any extra 939's or boards to test with.

Last edited:
Well back to the drawing board. Got my question answered on the Memtest forums while being smacked by an admin.

Evidently BIOS all is a not to be used setting anymore and the memtest forums are not for help with Memtest.

Time to start swapping parts and playing a guessing game.

Adragontattoo said:
Well back to the drawing board. Got my question answered on the Memtest forums while being smacked by an admin.

Evidently BIOS all is a not to be used setting anymore and the memtest forums are not for help with Memtest.

Time to start swapping parts and playing a guessing game.

All right, I'll bite... What are the memtest forums for?

Back