• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maybe another ram for crucial ballistix? [pic]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

>.< topic should be "maybe anther RMA* for crucial ballistix"

well...suddenly I started getting a lot of errors in wow, which cited my RAM as my problem. My comp (even on desktop) would get BSODs. I ran orthos with an FSB of 1333Mhz (~3.0ghz) @ 1.4v and my RAM at 1000Mhz @ 2.2-2.4v. Errors within minutes: "got 5.0 but expected less than 4.0" or something along the lines of that. I then underclocked my CPU while keeping my RAM static. Needless to say it resulted in the same error after lasting a little bit longer. I ran memtest and within a few minutes of the testing I got something that looked like this:

k0gimg4895.jpg

Seriously....what is the probability of having to RMA ANOTHER pair of ballistix?! Last night I thought about selling my entire PC and buying a mac, or at least something prebuilt...cus I sware to god I can never build a PC from scratch that stays stable.

A few questions:
1.)What is the diff between 1T and 2T command rates? What should I be at?
2.)Why does my BIOS want me to input values like 1333 instaed of 266 for the FSB? Why is the 1333 divided by four AND THEN multiplied by my multipler to get my actual CPU speed?
3.)Why me :(

Last edited:
Stock is 1066Mhz... 5-5-5-15 @2.2v
I'm doing 1000...really think it's going to make a difference?

Back