• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get rid of windows update temp files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Recursion

How do you get rid of The windows update temp files/folders. On my storage drive, windows xp just seems to love to leave its crap to my storage drive. You can see them here in the pic. How do ya get rid of them.

Those aren't Windows update files. Just delete them, when you do installs for drivers, it leaves temp folder behind, as long as you know what it is for, just delete it.

For everything else, use "CCleaner". It works VERY well. :D

thideras said:
Those aren't Windows update files. Just delete them, when you do installs for drivers, it leaves temp folder behind, as long as you know what it is for, just delete it.

For everything else, use "CCleaner". It works VERY well. :D

you cant delete them, windows protects the, and yes they are update files to the best of my knowledge.

I'd try CCleaner as thideras says. That little app is a god send for getting rid of Windows crap. Just check everything in Windows & Applications and let it go. Also run the Registry clean up too. It won't delete anything you need. At least it never has for me :D

Thund3rball said:
I'd try CCleaner as thideras says. That little app is a god send for getting rid of Windows crap. Just check everything in Windows & Applications and let it go. Also run the Registry clean up too. It won't delete anything you need. At least it never has for me :D
Well, it could, but I think its a well enough written program that it won't :bday:

Back