• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Channel vs Single Channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaaaaaaaaa

I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook with a T2300 and currently 1x512MB PC5300 RAM.

My question is: Is 2x512MB in dual channel or 1x1GB and 1x512MB in single channel faster? Both options are PC5300 DDRII.

I run Windows XP, play DOTA, and do normal web surfing and watch small streaming videos.

I also have old integrated graphics.

I'd go for the 1.5gb Single over the 1GB dual channel. If it were 1.5gb dual vs 2gb single (somehow?) I'd say go for dual channel but 1GB is kinda low for a laptop so 1.5gb will probably be more suitable.

I know 1GB isn't as high as most current laptops being sold (2GB for vista =p), but I don't do much on this computer, dont get too close to max RAM

realtadiquantu said:
I know 1GB isn't as high as most current laptops being sold (2GB for vista =p), but I don't do much on this computer, dont get too close to max RAM

You don't have to get close to max RAM before the computer acts slower. Again I think you will be better with 1.5GB.

Back