• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange software issues in Vista 64bit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Yesterday, after rebooting my PC, I got a message from Ati Tray Tool "Can not connect to low level driver", and no matter what I do, I can't get it to start. 5 minutes before this, it was working fine. I found out a few minutes ago that Core Temp does not work either. I downloaded another copy of it, and get the same error, "The driver has failed to load! Some information will not be available." This box continues to pop up until I close CoreTemp.exe via task manager. I just now attempted to install Catalyst 7.8 drivers, and got a bluescreen durring the installation.

This is at stock clocks. Other than these odd "driver" issues, Windows appears to be running normally. I have determined it is not Kaspersky causing these issues (had head it might), any ideas?

I'm not sure about your ATi driver problem, but heres how to fix the CoreTemp problem.

Reboot your system and start hitting F8 till the boot menu pops up. You should see a option at the bottom that says "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement". Click that off and CoreTemp should work.
ddsecc9.png

Latest automatic Vista update disables the ability to turn off driver signing.

Back